Thursday, May 28, 2009

Prayer is a Catalyst

Scripture for the week:
How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
They cannot be numbered!. Psalms 139:17 NLT

Thursday reading:
Acts 11,12

key verse (s): 11:5, 12:5, 12:12

observations & questions:
During the amazing spread of Christianity after Jesus ascension you see people often in prayer and gathered together to pray.

While he was praying Peter saw the vision that he was supposed to go to the Gentiles. Later as he was in jail, the church prayed earnestly for him and in the middle of the night an angel comes and frees him. When he goes to Marys house to tell them, they were all gathered together praying.

Because of prayer, God was directing people by supernatural means to complete His purposes.


application or concept:
Prayer is not a task, it is a necessity of God moving among us and upon us.

prayer:
Lord, not only show me how to pray, but show me how to encourage a movement of prayer.

Learning Agenda:
Live chapter 7

40 verses on baptism, 275 on prayer, 650 on love, and 2350 related to finances and material possesions.

We are stewards of
the earth Genesis 1:28
gifts of the Spirit 1 Peter 4:10
the gospel 1 corinthians 4:1-2

Martin Luther: people go through three conversions, their head, their heart, and their pocketbook.

Prayer:
God thank you for today. I pray YOUR kingdom come, YOUR will be done in my life today. I pray for each guy in LTG. God draw them close to you. Convict them of all things that take them away from knowing you, and encourage and strengthen them in those daily things that lead them to you. Use them in the lives of those around them to impact them for your kingdom.

I pray that the lifehouse will encourage one another tonight as well as encourage any new people that come.

I pray for Callie and Ethan today. Keep them from any evil that may come their way. Draw their minds toward you. I pray you reveal yourself to them today. I pray for Elizabeth that you bring encouragement to her today. Let your work continue mightily in her. Give us today our daily bread. God provide for all of my families needs today. I pray that our finances would be enough to cover all of our debts.

Would you continue to change lives at Experience Life. Let your holy Spirit move mightily on the people who are coming and involved this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment