Tuesday, May 5, 2009

United in Prayer

Scripture for the week:
So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” John 13:34,35 NLT

Tuesday reading:
Acts 1

key verse (s): Acts 1:14, Acts 2:42

observations & questions:
The followers of Jesus has gathered something from being with him the last three years. They were constantly united in prayer. Jesus had imparted to them something that was in His DNA, communing with the father through the vehicle of prayer on a consistent basis.

In 2:42 we see that all the believers were devoted to prayer.

What does it mean to be devoted to prayer ?


application or concept:
Continue to develop systems that facilitate communing with God in prayer. Spend time this week on prayer vision for Elife

prayer:
Lord, prayer is such an important facet of our Christian life. Continue to teach me how to pray and how to teach others to pray.

Learning Agenda:
Live: Leadership from Bloggers.

“The moment we label a person or a situation, we put on blinders to all evidence that contradicts
our diagnosis.”

Humility
“The real issue here is not if pride exists in your heart; it’s where pride exists and how pride is
being expressed in your life.

“Where there’s an absence of edifying words there’s also normally the presence of pride and of
self-righteousness, because those who are proud are too preoccupied with themselves and think
too highly of themselves to care about building others up or to be sensitive to their true needs.”

“Show me a church where there’s division, where there’s quarreling, and I’ll show you a church
where there’s pride.”

10 stupidest leadership mistakes I've made
Assuming it’s always black and white. Following rules is easier than the messiness of
relationships. Following rules is easier than discerning God’s will. The policies or guidelines we
establish should actually remove barriers and allow more freedom within our organizations. But,
innovative organizations don’t value the rules over the mission.
Tony Morgan


Prayer:
God I know today's success is directly proportional to time I spend with you. Help me to continue to prioritize time daily with you. I want to be in on what your doing today, not look back at what you did yesterday.

Lord help those around me that are struggling with emotional distress. I pray you give them sound guidance.
I pray for the Elife singles this summer. God would you direct us in how to multiply lifehouses and how to have a plan this summer that encourages single adults to walk with you. I ask that your presence would be with us at singles leadership lunch tomorrow.

Lord help me develop vision here at Elife to increase prayer and our prayer capacity. Help us to plan, enlist, train, and encourage prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment