Monday, April 27, 2009

Scripture for the week:
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:30,31

Monday reading:
Isaiah 40:12 -

key verse (s): Isaiah 40: 12 - 24

observations & questions:
Perspective:

Who our God is
God has held the oceans in his hand
He measures the heavens with his fingers.
He knows the weight of the earth.
He picks up the world as though it were a grain of sand.

Knowing Who our God is how can we question
With such a God how can you say the Lord does not see your troubles ?
How can you say God ignores your rights?

The encouragement comes to look to our God
In this context Isaiah tells us this God never grows weary or weak, None of us can measure the depths of his understanding.

We humans even youths will become tired and weak, young men will fall to exhaustion.

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar on high like wings of eagles
They will run and not grow weary
They will walk and not faint

application or concept:
First of all my strength to carry on comes from waiting on God. Spend time today waiting.

prayer:
Lord you are amazing, forgive me for questioning you and your motives for my life. Teach me to wait on your strength in all areas. Be gracious in your teaching me.

Learning Agenda:


Prayer:
Thank you for encouraging me with your presence this past week. Thank you for the absolute faithfulness of your character. Give me strength to finish all the tasks I need to finish today.
Lord encourage each staff person I work with today. Provide for all of our financial needs this week.
Father uncover all the schemes the enemy would use to discourage myself and my family. I pray for your revelation for each of us. Show us how to use our lives to glorify your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment