Friday, April 17, 2009

He must become greater

Scripture for the week:
I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. John 14:12

Friday reading:
John 3

key verse: vs 29b and 30 I am filled with joy at his success, He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less

observations & questions: How do I let Him become greater in my life ?

application: Think about success of Jesus this week and give thanks for those things.

prayer: Lord help me become joyful when you succeed, help me get out of the way and in my life may you become more and more.

Learning Agenda:
Live Lesson 3

notes:
Some religions promote a sovereign deity that is cold, distant, and angry,
Christianity speaks of a loving Father.

The more you talk to God the more he'll reveal who He is to you.

Gods voice comes often as an impression that pops in your mind, an impression that is peaceful and gentle.

Giving thanks to God opens our hearts to deeper relationship with Him.

unconfessed sin will rob us of closeness with God.

4 answers to prayer: red light, green light, yellow light, and u-turn


Prayer:
Lord thank you for putting me around people who want to know you.
Thank you for your patience with me. continue to teach me and work with me.
thank you for supplying all our needs.

God, help Elizabeth's health this week. encourage her.
I pray that you would help me set priorities in what I do at elife.
i pray my kids would continue to encounter you. Please teach them and lead them.

No comments:

Post a Comment