Thursday, April 30, 2009

Love one another in Gods power

Scripture for the week:
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:30,31

Thursday reading:
John 13

key verse (s): John 13:34,35

observations & questions:
Jesus love for them is the basis of them being able to love one another.

Why is it a new commandment ? Because we are about to enter into a new time. A time where the Holy Spirit will dwell in us. This is the new rule of life for a new age, the age of the kingdom of God. It is the law for a new life.

The only way this new commandment is possible is because of the fact that Jesus will live in us by the Holy Spirit.

Because of our new empowerment by the Holy Spirit we can be a witness to the presence and power of God in the midst of the world.

application or concept:
My love for my brothers and sisters is possible because Christ went to the Father and left the Holy Spirit to gives us power to love.

This love for one another is a powerful witness to the world.

Look to show love for brothers and sisters today in tangible ways.

prayer:
Lord I recognize that in myself I can not love well. I am selfish. I also ask you to help me tap in on the power of the Holy spirit in me to love. With your strength and help I can love others and be a witness.

Learning Agenda:
Live: Lesson 4 Life with Other Jesus Followers

Billy Graham once said "If you find a perfect church, don't join it, you'd spoil it." the perfect church doesn't exist. That's because the perfect person doesn't exist and churches are made up of imperfect people. Yet, god has chosen to work through imperfect people.

Today, believers seem to grow best when they meet publicly for the preaching of the word and weekly in a house group.

Cell or small group definition: A group of 3-15 people who meet weekly outside the church building for the purpose of evangelism, community, and discipleship with the goal of multiplication.

Prayer:
God I thank you for giving me an opportunity to play basketball, something I really love to do. Lord thanks for letting me be involved in prayer also. Father help me to serve this week and do those things that are not as easy or pleasant for me to do and help me to do them joyfully. I pray for singles lifehouse tonight. Let there be godly discussions. Would you let your Holy Spirit lead the time of worship, discussion, prayer and fellowship ?

Lord for experience life, would you continue to teach us to love you. Lead us in long range planning that your kingdom would be go forth, that people would continue to come to know you for the first time, that those that know you would get on fire for you, and that the on fire would find their ministry niches and fulfill your plans for thier lives here in Lubbock and in places you will send them to.

God without you I am nothing, I am average at best. Yet I know in your power God I can serve well. Let your kingdom come and your will be done in my life and the lives of my family today.

No comments:

Post a Comment